Thursday 21 May 2015

Ace of Birds

Shining Tribe 
Last night was a bad night. What should I do today?

'The owl looks out at us with an intense stare, symbolic of a commitment to truth. the eyes are purple, the color of wisdom. the image in the lower right-hand corner -- the dark sunrise -- symbolizes the autumn equinox, the solar point beginning the season when the plants seem to die and the birds fly south. Meanings: truth, wisdom, sadness, honesty. Looking into the mysteries of life and death. Intellectual rigor and courage. The soul in its search for meaning.' - Rachel Pollack, Shining Tribe Tarot

I have to be honest with myself, honest about myself, honest about my problem and situation.

I can't keep living on the hope that if someone else changes things will get better. I need to look at this with eyes wider open than that.

But that's just so, so hard.

Wait...the owl has spotted it. The irrational belief that I'm coming up against that has caused me pain: 'People should always do the right thing, and when they don't they should be punished.'

In reality, people do NOT always do the right thing, and it's not up to me to dole out the 'just punishment'. Which is pretty much what happened. I see that now, with those big purple eyes. Can I remember this, and change this behavior? I hope so.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely not easy! Remembering as well, I manage one day only to fall again...
    As for the card, I always see that dark sunrise as a spider afraid the owl has spotted her and is going to eat her. But that's a whole different story :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I saw it as a spider, too, and was genuinely puzzled as to where this "dark sunrise" was that Carla was talking about.

      Delete
    2. LOL! I saw it as a spider, too, and was genuinely puzzled as to where this "dark sunrise" was that Carla was talking about.

      Delete
    3. Rachel Pollack said that, not me. And she drew it! :D

      Delete
  2. :D At least one of us reads the book before blogging about it! Actually, that's one of the books I did read, back in the day. But I still saw the spider ;D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: